How to apply for the Covid-19 R350 grant.August 5, 2021
Solidarity unhappy with Sasol’s COVID-19 vaccine and testing requirements.August 5, 2021
ActionSA says it is concerned about the way police are handling the case relating to the arrest of a prime suspect in the torching of a campsite of former workers as well as the families of three trapped miners whose bodies are still underground at the Lily Mine in Low’s Creek near Barberton in Mpumalanga.
In a statement, the party said that the police had told lawyers of the group camping outside the Lily Mine that a docket of the prime suspect Solomon Kaizer Gwebu had been lost and later said it had been found.
ActionSA is now considering writing to the Provincial Police Commissioner demanding an investigation into the matter. Solomon Kaizer Gwebu and five others were arrested in June for allegedly burning down a campsite.
The lawyers have reportedly enquired about the case after Gwebu failed to appear in court last week where his bail was revoked. It is reported that Gwebu is now threatening some of the victims. Yvonne Mnisi, Solomon Nyirenda and Pretty Nkambule were trapped underground when the mine caved-in, five years ago.
The former workers and families have been camping outside the mine for more than two years hoping for assistance.